"The Athens of the North"
When people think of Edinburgh, they immediately think of Edinburgh’s famous New Town. With beautiful Georgian architecture designed by James Craig in the 18th century, this makes The New Town one of Edinburgh’s most desirable zones/postcodes. Moray Place, Heriot Row, Northumberland Street, Abercrombie Place and Great King Street are a few examples of the stunning addresses found in The New Town that will be recognised throughout the UK. Complimenting The New Town is “the Village in the City” that is Stockbridge, neighboured by Comely Bank. Unique galleries and antique shops are scattered all over the this Zone and for a light refreshment some of Edinburgh’s best bars such as The Wally Dug and Cumberland Street Bar can be found tucked away in the most unusual places! Stockbridge’s bustling high street, Raeburn Place is constantly bursting with atmosphere and excitement. The home on Edinburgh Accies Rugby Club, a team that Murray & Currie proudly sponsor, you can enjoy top flight Scottish rugby with a warm welcome. The quality of residential accommodation continues with stunning addresses such as St Bernards Crescent, Dean Terrace and Anne Street.
“I love living in Zone 1. It is such a great location as it is just a short walk in to the town centre and there are lots of pubs and restaurants on my door step. Additionally, Inverleith Park is only a stone’s throw away.” – Kathryn Campbell, TENANT
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Zone 1:
- The boutique retail sector on George Street is located in Zone 1, with designer shops and superb restaurants.
- St Andrews Square is now open to the public and provides the perfect place to sit and relax - it even has its own coffee shop.
- The New Town and Stockbridge have ample independent shops and eateries.
- Zone 1 is ideally places for access to some of Edinburgh's finest schools.
- Murray & Currie are located in the heart of Zone 1!
To find out more about Zone 1, please contact John Forsyth, our Associate Director, by clicking here